Controls Technician II, Nights
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Shift: Sunday-Thursday 6pm-complete
- Ensures effective preventative maintenance plans and schedules for all facility equipment and systems.
- Diagnoses Materials Handling Equipment and Automated Picking System-related error conditions occurring in the Distribution Center and repairs appropriately.
- Oversees any maintenance, modifications, and/or system upgrades of Materials Handling Equipment and Automated Picking System controls.
- Assesses the efficiency of materials handling equipment and automated picking systems and defines necessary modifications.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance tasks to ensure continued productivity with warehouse operations.
- Maintains CMMS/EAM system on repairs required and performed on equipment in the Distribution Center.
- Manages the inventory of spare parts.
- Must be willing to work extended hours, as needed, in order to meet productivity goals.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
Requires some technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires at least two (2) years related and progressively responsible experience; strong electrical background preferred.
1. Strong technical and operational knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment and systems. Strong aptitude for repair and maintenance activities.
2. Ability to read and interpret CAD layouts, illustrated parts breakdown (IPB) diagrams, and electrical circuitry diagrams and drawings.
3. Ability to diagnose and repair electrical and mechanical issues. Issues may include the testing, replacement or repair electrical systems including three phase or single phase electrical systems up to 600volts, AC or DC motors, power supplies, frequency drives, servo drives, transformers, motor starters, proximity sensors, encoders, photo eyes, programmable logic controllers (PLC), HMI’s, PLC Inputs/Outputs.
4. Ability to test equipment and instrumentation system including electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, refrigeration, and water treatment chemicals.
5. Knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLCs) preferred. Ability to read electrical schematic, wiring diagrams, and PLC ladder and block logic. Ability to load programs or configure PLC’s, HMI, scanners
6. Ability to program basic changes to PLC controllers including modifying timing, adding alarms and logic for additional inputs or outputs. Ability to properly wire additional devices to PLC’s and other controllers.
7. Working knowledge of computer systems and personal computers. Computer hardware experience including the installation and setup of hard drives, RAM, network cards, monitor cards, and motherboards.
8. Computer software experience including MS office (Excel, Word, IM), MHE software such as RSLogix, Sort Director, GSMi, IPoint, Flex Sort, etc.
9. Technical knowledge and skills include the diagnosing of electrical control issues to a component level. Component level skillset includes the diagnosing of capacitors, inductors, diodes, LED, and transistors. Ability to diagnose pressure transducers, flow meters, photo voltaic sensors, bridge and full wave rectifiers.
10. Positions at this level are generally fully functioning specialists in a PLC/Electrical control trade area.
11. Ability to troubleshoot communication issues with devices connected to the MHE network or other networks such as PROFIBUS, BACNET, LONWORKS, PROFINET, CAN-BUS, ASI, Etc. Skills to include an understanding of device IP addressing, network switches, etc.
12. Ability to operate and diagnose all chill water plant systems including chillers, cooling towers, boilers, pumps , BAS, HVAC, water treatment
13. Strong analytical skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently. Ability to identify facilities-related maintenance problems and implement standard courses of action to resolve problems within established project timeframes and administrative and technical requirements.
14. Technical knowledge and skills include the diagnosing of electrical Controls issues to a component level. Component level skillset includes the diagnosing of capacitors, inductors, diodes, LED, and transistors. Ability to diagnose pressure transducers, flow meters, photo voltaic sensors, bridge and full wave rectifiers.
15. Ability to program basic changes to PLC Controllers including modifying timing, adding alarms and logic for additional inputs or outputs. Ability to properly wire additional devices to PLC’s and other Controllers.
16. Ability to troubleshoot communication issues with devices connected to the MHE network or other networks such as Profibus. Skills to include an understanding of device IP addressing, network switches, etc.
17. Ability to operate and diagnose all chill water plant systems including chillers, cooling towers, boilers, pumps , BAS, HVAC, water treatment
18. Ability to mentor other technicians.
19. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
20. Strong interpersonal skills
21. Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
*This Salary Range reflects a National Average for this job. The actual range may vary based on your locale. Ranges in Colorado/California/Washington/New York State-specific locations may be up to 10% lower than the minimum salary range, and 12% higher than the maximum salary range.
Affiliated Companies:Affiliated Companies: AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.