Sr. Health Case Manager - 13 months contract
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to patients and their health care providers, including but not limited to education on specific diseases and therapies and disease management;
- Database management and modifications
- Modification of program protocols and processes
- Attend specialized training sessions for the HealthForward specific therapies
- As required, work with patient associations and advocacy groups;
- Provide support to the HealthForward team with any questions or clarification in collaboration with Program Manager or in Manager's absence.
- Maintain ongoing communication with HealthForward clients;
- With the Manager, participate in the hiring and training process of new staff;
- Liaise with health care providers, pharmacies and other agencies as required, to resolve issues as they arise;
- Clear communication to the manager, team and the client when required, regarding program day to day operations.
- Participate in the training process of new HealthForward team members, including but not limited to shadowing & call monitoring.
- Between the hours of 8:00AM to 8:00PM, with ability to maintain flexible working hours.
- The Senior Health Case Manager will also be assigned other duties and tasks as required from time to time.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelor’s degree or registered nurse (RN) diploma;
- Current registration & good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario required;
- Five (5) years of Nursing experience;
- Minimum of three (3) years in the healthcare, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry (or similar);
- The preferred candidate is a nurse with healthcare and case management experience in medical or hospital practice or the insurance or bio-pharma industry;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Internet Explorer, PowerPoint);
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing and multitasking skills in order to meet various competing work deadlines;
- Bilingualism (French and English) strongly preferred;
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong patient focus;
- Strong ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Superior customer service skills;
- Internet-research and computer savvy; has strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills and is a team player;
- Strong phone etiquette;
- Ability to communicate and comprehend medical information;
- Demonstrate teamwork abilities;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Ability to handle sensitive issues with opposing opinions and strong negotiation skills;
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office Programs
- Available for travel across Canada at least 15% per year
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated Companies:Affiliated Companies: Innomar Strategies
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
As of October 18, 2021, Cencora requires all Canadian team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
AmerisourceBergen is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. When requested, AmerisourceBergen will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and hiring processes and during employment.