Production Animal Intern - Iowa (Summer 2024)
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Are you a talented and driven college student seeking an internship with a global Fortune 11 healthcare company? At Cencora, we are looking for individuals with an inclusive mindset and a passion for making a difference in human and animal health.
Our 10-week paid internship program has been developed to provide students with hands-on experience to learn more about the Healthcare industry and the impact to human and animal health. This internship program will provide you with professional development, networking and volunteer opportunities. You will learn about the Guiding Principles of our culture but most importantly, have the opportunity to become a key contributor in the future talent pipeline of Cencora.
Start Date: June 3, 2024
End Date: August 9. 2024
Location: Remote - Iowa
As an intern at Cencora, you will assist with various function-specific assignments under the guidance of our designated manager. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to established projects and initiatives while gaining valuable skills that will prepare you for future career opportunities within our organization.
The Production Animal intern will work closely with assigned TM(s) in their geography to support and promote our strategic initiatives with a primary focus on MyAnimalRx, an e-commerce platform. The intern will conduct clinic trainings and lunch-n-learns to facilitate knowledge and comfort of the clinic staff with the platform. The intern will meet with producer clients of the vet clinic to encourage engagement with the vet clinic e-commerce platform and train on order entry.
Your internship will include:
- Work with assigned TM(s) to support efforts with strategic initiatives.
- Visit target vet clinics and establish a relationship with the staff.
- Educate vet clinic staff on MyAnimalRx through lunch-n-learns and staff trainings.
- Assist vet clinic staff with the set up and onboarding process for MyAnimalRx.
- Meet with the producer clients of the vet clinic to facilitate engagement with the platform.
- Train the producer clients on order entry for the website.
- Use marketing materials and creativity to help the vet clinic increase their base of active clients using the website.
- Support our e-commerce ordering platform mwiah.com for vet clinics, assisting with training, setting up templates, finding invoices, and demonstrating the mobile app.
- Learn and support other vet clinic strategic initiatives such as AllyDVM and Vetsource as opportunities arise.
- Communicate closely with the TM on progress made and hurdles to overcome in clinics.
- Submit expense reports in a timely manner.
- Provide any written reports or communications as requested by TM or sales leadership.
- Gain exposure and insights into the daily life of an MWI Production Animal territory manager.
What your background should look like
- The ideal candidate will be a junior or senior in college with a focus on agriculture, animal sciences, or business with a goal of pursuing a career in the veterinary or agriculture industries.
- The candidate will demonstrate good communication skills and comfort engaging with a variety of customers.
- The candidate must be comfortable with public speaking.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Position will require travel and overnight hotel stays.
Cencora is committed to fostering a global workplace that values all cultural, experiential and philosophical differences; creates pathways for every team member to thrive; makes a positive impact on communities through equitable access to healthcare; and is transparent and accountable for progress. Cencora focuses on driving an inspiring an inclusive culture. We challenge our people to lead fulfilling lives both in and outside of work.
To learn more about our purpose, internship program and careers, please visit Internship Opportunities | Careers (cencora.com) and follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: MWI Veterinary Supply Company
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.