Field Access Specialist-West Palm/Pompano Beach Florida
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Manage daily activities that support appropriate patient access to our client’s products in various provider sites of service and work as a liaison to other patient assistance and patient services offered by our clients.
Our Field Access Specialists, manage daily activities that support appropriate patient access to our client’s products in various provider sites of service and work as a liaison to other patient assistance and patient services offered by our clients. Our teams travel weekly, Monday – Thursday, to healthcare offices within a designated territory, using their knowledge of coverage, patient assistance, and health policy to educate office staff and break through access issues to ultimately help patients.
As a Field Access Specialist (FAS), a typical day might include:
- Reviewing patient insurance benefit options and validating prior authorization requirements
- Identifying alternate funding/financial assistance programs
- Coordinating with our client’s patient support services programs representatives
What your background should look like
- Minimum of three years directly related and progressively responsible experience in a medical practice, private or third-party reimbursement arena, or pharmaceutical industry in sales, managed care, or clinical support.
- Experience within healthcare provider support such as a physician practice, patient assistance program, or similar pharmaceutical/biological support program preferred.
- Live within a reasonable commuting distance of a major airport in the listed location and be able to travel within a territory that includes but may not be limited to Colorado and Utah
- Knowledge of private payer, Medicare and Medicaid structure, systems, and specialty pharmacy and retail pharmacy process
- Knowledge of operational processes within the physician office, specifically related to prior authorizations and communicate reimbursement and access topics concisely and clearly to provider staff.
- Ability to communicate reimbursement and access topics concisely and clearly to provider staff
Nice to have
- Bachelor's degree
- Public speaking and presentation experience preferred
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: Xcenda, LLC
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.