Pharmacy Technician, Animal Health - $2,000 Sign-on Bonus
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At Cencora, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
MWI Animal Health pharmacy operates as a closed-door animal health facility. We service a wide variety of animals, with a primary focus on cows, pigs, and horses. We take great pride in the quality of care we provide to our customers and the services we provide to our veterinarians. Our positive and encouraging work environment can be found at the center of our success. We are currently looking for a licensed pharmacy technician who has a desire to be a positive influence within their place of employment. Our company values the growth and development of each of its team members. We hope you find this job opportunity to be a chance to propel your career forward and that you will apply today!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Hours/Shifts: Monday - Thursday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm EST, Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm EST
- Labels product under Pharmacist's supervision, counts medications, and stocks medication
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves prescription information from computer
- Refers doctors' calls and customers' medical inquiries to Pharmacist
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Transports completed prescription product from the pharmacy to the shipping team
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Current pharmacy technician license in good standing through the Indiana State Board of Pharmacy
- No prior pharmacy experience required
- Completed high school education or equivalent
Minimum Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical products, services and drug interactions
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
What Cencora offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population. Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a two year Associate's Degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires one (1) to two (2) years directly related and progressively responsible experience; may be nationally certified. Must be unrestricted and either licensed or registered in the resident state as required.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
2. Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
3. Strong interpersonal skills
4. Ability to resolve customer issues quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction
5. Familiarity with pharmaceutical products, services and drug interactions
6. Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
7. Good analytical skills
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: MWI Veterinary Supply Company
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.