Inside Sales Executive - Besse
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Meets or exceeds specific business sales targets, set in cooperation with the Sales Director, for revenue, profit and margin growth with existing primary and secondary customers in the community physician pharmacy segment within a specific customer assignment (territory) via account penetration.
2. Maintain relationships with existing customers within the Sales Executive’s segment to ensure continued business and successful renewals to facilitate sales growth.
3. Meets business targets related to the sale of specific solutions. Cencora's suite of offerings includes, but is not limited to, solutions such as PODIS Plus, Cubixx MD, Infodive and Consulting.
4. Ensure ongoing contract compliance from existing customers by reinforcing the total value of the Prime Vendor Agreement (PVA), and proactively addressing/resolving any reasons for non-compliance. Negotiates Prime Vendor Agreements (PVA) with current customers and implement new PVAs resulting in continual retention of profitable accounts in the individual sales assignment.
5. Monitors and analyzes reports and data to measure profitability growth specialty and biosimilars, develops and implements strategies to ensure continued success of that growth.
6. Achieves monthly sales/activity goals established in conjunction with department manager. This may include but not limited to call volume, % of calls leading to an order, order volume and revenue.
7. Negotiates Prime Vendor Agreements (PVA) with current customers and implements new PVAs resulting in continual retention of profitable accounts in the individual sales assignment.
8. Leads the onboarding of new customers within the assigned segments, as well as implementation of customer solutions, by effectively collaborating with functional departments to ensure full adoption, value realization and an ongoing excellent customer experience.
9. Partners across functional and organizational lines by engaging and working directly and collaboratively with subject matter experts during the sales process to execute sales expansion and maintenance strategies using Cencora's Suite of Offerings to address customer specific needs.
10. In cooperation with the Sales Director create an annual strategic plan for achieving your business goals, utilizing sales reporting tools ongoing to identify and analyze opportunities to expand current customer business.
11. Creates an operationally efficient daily territory call plan. Effectively and efficiently manages the assigned territory with a regular call cycle that results in the delivery of appropriate/defined customer touches while also making off-cycle, discretionary calls, as situations require.
12. Continually maintains and inputs account activity/results information and tracks interactions in the CRM and other appropriate sales management tools
13. Develops and maintains a strong base of working knowledge of the community physician markets through the use of Cencora training, District Director coaching, display of market/customer business curiosity, industry information and company literature, which allows for successful execution of Cencora sales strategies and commercial insights.
14. Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires a demonstrated history of successful application of consultative selling skills in a diverse customer marketplace resulting in improved customer sales. Broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year bachelors degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education are required. Normally requires five (5) plus years directly related and progressively responsible sales experience. Experience in the pharmaceutical industry, retail and alternate care segments is desirable.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Working knowledge of retail and alternate care industries, trends, and challenges facing customers
2. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and adapt communication style to various audiences
3. Ability to actively listen and influence others with different points of view
4. Strong organizational agility, working across teams internally to achieve a common goal.
5. Advanced understanding of financial concepts relevant to maximizing sales profit (e.g. profit and loss statements, value)
6. Excellent customer service skills to address potential issues through channels such as Customer Care without compromising selling-focused conversation
7. Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
8. Ability to adapt to change, and successfully monitor multiple tasks without sacrificing quality or timeliness of work
9. Strong presentation skills
10. Strong time management skills; ability to schedule customer appointments in advance
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
Sedentary physical activity requiring reaching, sifting, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking and hearing. Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. 75% or more time is spent looking directly at a computer. Associate is frequently required to stand, walk (or otherwise be mobile). Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
*This Salary Range reflects a National Average for this job. The actual range may vary based on your locale. Ranges in Colorado/California/Washington/New York State-specific locations may be up to 10% lower than the minimum salary range, and 12% higher than the maximum salary range.
Affiliated Companies:Affiliated Companies: AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.