Per Diem Pharmacist - Ambulatory/Retail (Onsite)
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
This position is located onsite in the West Reading/Wyomissing, PA area and will support our network of Reading Hospital Retail Pharmacies. Locations include the Reading Hospital Ambulatory Pharmacy, 7th Avenue Pharmacy, Wyomissing Pharmacy, and Broadcasting Pharmacy. Hours of operation are M-F 7a-9p, Sa-Sun 8a-4p. With rotating weekends and holidays. Part-time/Per Diem. Shifts are typically 8 to 10 hours.
Cencora has managed and staffed the Reading Hospital Ambulatory Pharmacy inside of the 700 bed Reading Hospital since 2017.
We foster a culture where career development and training play a key role as our staff gain experience in many aspects of ambulatory and specialty pharmacy. We currently employ 12 pharmacists in both clinical and ambulatory settings with a support staff of technicians in various roles. We are excited to welcome new team members to continue to grow our team and kickstart new careers.
We started with 2 pharmacists and 4 technicians and have since expanded into a much larger operation with services such as:
- employee prescriptions
- pharmacist navigators embedded in clinics
- Specialty Pharmacy
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for evaluating, preparing, and dispensing of medications; verifies prescribed medications according to professional standards, facility procedures, and state and federal legal requirements.
- Provides excellent customer service and clinical care.
- Interacts closely with individual patients in order to answer all questions and/or concerns regarding their medication therapy.
- Reviews and evaluates patient's plan of care for therapeutic appropriateness.
- Consults with prescribers and other medical staff to determine a patient’s appropriate medical/prescription care plan.
- Participates in achieving business goals and metrics for the ambulatory pharmacy, including assisting in marketing events and promotions.
- Assists in the fiscal management of the ambulatory pharmacy to optimize profits and control expenses for the ambulatory pharmacy consistently consulting with the other relevant managers and directors.
- Assists with managing all functions for the ambulatory pharmacy technicians such as hiring, training, and performance management.
- Monitors the overall performance of all ambulatory pharmacy staff members to ensure compliance with regulatory and organizational policies, practices and approved pharmaceutical dispensing processes.
- Makes recommendations to the managers regarding any changes to improve operating procedures, or to improve and facilitate patient care.
- Assists in maintaining and executing all established procedures concerning quality improvement, quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and record keeping.
- Submits, reviews, and handles all adjudicated prescription claims to ensure appropriateness of reimbursement, co-pay and related financials and, if needed, follows up all such claims deemed inappropriate.
- Promptly and appropriately responds to patient inquiries, requests and issues when situations are escalated to a higher level of authority.
- Follows through on closing any outstanding patient concerns to provide a superior level of customer care.
- Provides consultation on pharmacy and therapeutic matters to various levels of organizational personnel.
- Assists and reviews daily reporting and scheduling of hours worked for the pharmacy technicians to include sick time, vacation time, personal and holiday time and adjusts scheduling as appropriate to assure optimal patient care is maintained.
- Supervises activities relative to patient profiles and contacts, ensuring that they are updated as needed for insurance verification and regulatory compliance.
- Participates in departmental meetings and in-service training for pharmacy technicians.
- Works collaboratively with organizational personnel on quality, satisfaction, service excellence, clinical care, etc. as needed.
- Operates the point-of-sale system
- Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Normally requires Bachelors of Science Degree or Pharm D degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy a Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy; current, unrestricted pharmacist license through the appropriate state board of pharmacy. Also requires broad training and/or experience in the fields of business administration, sales, marketing, information technology and retail/ambulatory pharmacy. Normally requires one (1) to three (3) years of directly related and progressively responsible retail/ambulatory care pharmacy experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
1. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
2. Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
3. Strong leadership skills
4. Strong interpersonal skills
5. Ability to resolve customer issues quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction
6. Familiarity with pharmaceutical products, services and drug interactions
7. Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
8. Good analytical skills
9. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: Value Apothecaries Inc
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.