Director of Operations II
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
This is a Brooks, Kentucky based position.
Under general direction of the Vice President Operations, the Director Operations II provides direct oversight, coaching, and business direction to Distribution Center leadership teams and provides guidance and business direction to compliance and inventory management teams. The Director Operations II also reinforces a network approach to standardization and performance improvement.
This position is the owner of day-to-day expense and service performance for the Distribution Center, accountable for sales support and consistent, reliable, high-quality service to customers. This position is generally responsible for Distribution Centers with 50 or more associates and / or ≥ 25K lines. This position is categorized as compliance critical and, as such, requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division, corporate and regulatory requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops the financial and operational plans for the Distribution Center teams, including the expense plans and targets per department and overall Distribution Center and operational performance improvement plans per department.
- Drives daily performance accountability across all areas while reinforcing a team-oriented, customer-focused approach.
- Owns standardization and leads disciplined process for identifying, testing, and verifying improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for the review and approval of department and overall staffing plans.
- Responsible for talent development, providing direction for and leading performance management and development amongst management teams.
- Supervises associate relations functions within Distribution Center including hiring, terminating, performance management, development and training of ABC associates.
- Establishes and maintains positive work environment creating engagement with Distribution Center associates.
- Coaches and mentors Lead Team members as well as other Distribution Center associates.
- Monitors performance and productivity measures for the purpose of maximizing earnings and expense in the facility.
- Reviews and monitors standard operating procedures; makes observations and recommends improvements to promote efficiency in Distribution Center earnings, accuracy, improved service and lower costs.
- Supports compliance with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules, and government regulations; maintains and coordinates all areas of security within the Distribution Center.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
- Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Normally requires a minimum of four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience, including at least two (2) years’ experience at a managerial level.
- Very strong operational knowledge with solid business acumen.
- Working knowledge of automated warehouse operating systems preferred.
- Working knowledge of ABC warehouse operations preferred.
- Knowledge of computers to operate effectively with Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.