Pharmacy Care Coordinator
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
*Candidates must reside within 70 miles of 1800 Innovation Pt, Fort Mill, SC 29715, anywhere in the state of Texas or anywhere in the state of Kentucky per state licensure laws*
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Answers and resolves patient inquiries within committed time frames.
2. Understands the physical, psychological and social challenges of specific disease states and assists the patient with drug therapy and pharmacy care issues.
3. Promotes drug compliance.
4. Reports all adverse events related to drug therapy and pharmacy care.
5. Establishes and maintains strong customer relationships with physician practices to streamline communication to the patient, payers, pharmacist, nurse, lab and other healthcare related parties.
6. Participates in administration of patient's pharmacy care plan.
7. Troubleshoots and resolves patient and payer issues in a timely fashion.
8. Works in a team-structured environment to provide support to other members of the healthcare team.
9. Embraces a continuous quality improvement customer service approach by pro-actively identifying areas of improvement and communicating those ideas to the healthcare team.
10. Maintains current notes and documentation related to patient's drug therapy and pharmacy care plan; flags issues that need to be addressed.
11. Coordinates responses and resolutions with appropriate internal and external parties.
12. Actively participates in discussions with pharmacists, nursing services, pharmacy support manager and other pharmacy care coordinators to review cases and related drug therapy and pharmacy care plan issues.
13. Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires a high school diploma and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a healthcare related call center environment, physician's office or social service environment. Preferred education in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a two-year associates degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Strong time management, organizational skills, initiative, professional demeanor and positive attitude
2. Attention to detail, quick study, self-motivated, proactive, and the ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative
3. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
4. Ability to promote a positive team environment
5. A champion for excellence, efficiency and quality
6. Ability to collaborate with other professionals within the organization
7. Strong interpersonal skills
8. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: Lash Group, LLC
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.