System Manager of Specialty Pharmacy (Onsite- Roseville, CA)
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Location: Onsite in Roseville, CA (with 25% travel required in California, Hawaii and Oregon)
Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30 (flexible daytime working hours)
· Direct oversight and performance management of in clinic navigators
· Coordination of the activity of the central support team with the in-clinic navigators and the provider clinic staff
· Prescription capture optimization and process improvement management of the specialty prescription workflow between the key players
· Provide guidance and specialty pharmacy best practices as appropriate to the regional pharmacies
· Oversee the appropriate acquisition of clinical data to support quality initiatives, ongoing product access and accreditation standards.
· Development and analysis of key performance indicators to meet the needs of the client leadership
· Provide routine connections to key client stakeholders by way of business reviews, staffing assessments, program ROI reporting, break even analyses and optimization of services
· Drive expansion of current existing programs and identify growth areas
· Support development, integration, and growth of the client's specialty pharmacies
· Support and guide client pharmacies through specialty pharmacy accreditation activities along with maintenance of standards and reaccreditation support
· Assist efforts to optimize pharmacy class of trade and purchasing optimization
· Work with client leadership to refine 340b processes as they relate to specialty pharmacy
· Coordinate efforts to maximize payor and manufacturer specialty drug access
· Identify opportunities to integrate high cost, non-specialty medications into the client fulfillment model
· Supports client with the budget development, financial analysis, and expansion ROI development
· Serves as the local subject matter expert for the client outpatient specialty pharmacy program
· Assists in recruiting, training and coordination of new hire onboarding at client sites
· Coordinates team schedules to ensure maximal coverage
· Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- PharmD with a California license in good standing
- 3+ years in specialty pharmacy practice
- 3+ years of management experience (multi-site preferred)
- Health system-based specialty pharmacy experience preferred
- Experience in retail and / or ambulatory clinic settings a plus
- Ability to travel locally to client sites.
- Post graduate residency or clinical certification a plus
- Relevant experience and/or certification in Lean, or Six Sigma, or Project Management a plus
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Polished communication skills, capable of effectively interfacing with high level leadership within the company and client health systems
- Highly effective at team management and creating an engaged work environment
- Ability to execute with excellence and drive accountability in a remote team
- Highly proficient in program development, process mapping and change management
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Functions as a self-starter and capable of independent work
- Ability to coordinate work across multiple business units / entities (i.e. pharmacy, clinic, payers, central support, health-system leadership, internal teams)
- Ability to apply observations and recommendations to operational issues, increased productivity, quality, and customer-service standards
- Ability to develop, apply and refine disease and drug specific clinical protocols to maximize patient adherence and promote evidence-based cost-effective care
- Experience developing or supporting quality initiatives
- Exhibits strong technical proficiency including the ability to build and manage reporting using excel and other tools
- Experience working with electronic medical records and retail pharmacy systems
- Strong understanding of the following:
- Specialty pharmacy landscape from the payer, manufacturer and provider perspective
- Specialty accreditation standards
- Clinical and therapeutic knowledge of specialty disease states including rheumatology, oncology, MS, HIV, HepC, pulmonology and endocrinology
- Prior authorization and patient assistance processes associated with specialty medications
- Industry developments and trends
- Ambulatory pharmacy landscape and the opportunities for clinic-based pharmacists (includingdirect and indirect billing, quality measures and value-based contracting / ACO support)
- Provider clinic workflows and daily operations
- Retail pharmacy workflow
- Navigation within electronic medical records and the chart review process
- 340b program
- Pharmacy finances including profit and loss statements
- Applicable regulatory, compliance and privacy standards
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions: The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Sedentary physical activity requiring reaching, sifting, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking and hearing.
- Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- 75% or more time is spent looking directly at a computer.
- Associate is frequently required to stand, walk (or otherwise be mobile).
- Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
*This Salary Range reflects a National Average for this job. The actual range may vary based on your locale. Ranges in Colorado/California/Washington/New York State-specific locations may be up to 10% lower than the minimum salary range, and 12% higher than the maximum salary range.
Affiliated Companies:Affiliated Companies: Value Apothecaries Inc
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.