District Manager - British Columbia
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures adequate training of FCMs on relevant therapeutic area needs, internal Working Processes and Standard Operating Procedures and that of the client; Manages the hiring, performance and development of the FCMs team; Oversees and approves expenses of FCMs; Ensures regular coaching of the FCM team through regular field visits; Assist the FCMs in peak or absence periods to ensure a streamlined program from a HCP’s perspective; Sets FCM Team objectives and KPIs and generates/maintains tools to generate significant performance metrics; Ensures team readiness for timely field implementation of current and future projects;
- Forecasts and allocates resources to support geographical needs of the program in keeping with Key Performance Indicators;
- Collaborates with the Client’s point of contact in activities, issues and insights relating to the FCMs’ duties and responsibilities;
- Provides continuous feedback to the Senior Program manager, the Client’s Point of Contact and other relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure Best in Class status of the patient support program;
- May be required to be on standby/on call as part of this role.
- Responsible to report all Adverse Events to the assigned units/departments
- Provide leadership on client account
- Responsible for strategic program management
- Ongoing communication with key client personnel to review FCMs KPI and performance reports
- Develops strategies and action plan in collaboration with Program Management team and Client key stakeholders.
- Act as a role model, provide leadership and direction
- Work with management team to ensure clear understanding of team mission and goals
- Work with management team to help identify skills that are needed for projects or work activities and match skill requirements with available talent
- Proactive management and provide direction to the FCM team
- Assist in recruiting by interviewing and hiring for vacant positions
- Conduct Performance Reviews and Professional Development for the FCM team
Training and Mentoring
- Manage, train and motivate FCM team
- Assist in training and developing FCM team
- Spends a significant proportion of time in the field with the remote team
- Develops succession plans for key team members
- Recruits, trains and develops high achievers
- Provides leadership to FCM team and participates as facilitator for learning programs
- Provide strategic guidance to the FCM team to optimize customer program experience
- Proactive facilitation and management of activities and milestones
- Ensure effective execution of best in class holistic services
- Monitor activities (KPIs) to ensure superior customer experience and ensure compliance with Program's operating procedures
- Utilize systems (CRM, Reports) to monitor, train and coach FCM team
- Works closely with management team to promote synergy and identify efficiencies
- Works closely with management team, client’s Point of Contact and other relevant internal and external stakeholders for strategic alignment
- Approve purchases, contracting, expenses, mileage and other budget related expenses
- Act as program champion with influential stakeholders
- Obtain feedback and input on program enhancements
- Be a key strategic partner for the client Sales Team
Technical Skills and Expertise
- Stay abreast of industry trends and important pending legislation impacting business
- Identify and collaborate with internal and external resources and experts
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- General knowledge of reimbursement and patient assistance programs and database elements and functionality as well as operational policies and processes
- Nursing background is an asset but not a requirement.
- University science/healthcare degree, or equivalent combination of experience and education;
- Minimum of 7 years experience in people and client management, clinical or biotechnology program management or related field, within healthcare
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Fluently Bilingual in English and French (written and spoken);
- Background in healthcare settings;
- Solid understanding of the business principles of the pharmaceutical industry;
- Ability to understand and apply medical and/or business knowledge to all aspects of the role, but in particular to provincial and private payer markets, complying with professional and ethical standards of practice;
- Strong people management skills;
- Proven track record in leadership and management of a field based team;
- Able to leverage internal and external relationships and opportunities to help promote team productivity;
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to communicate effectively with all levels and with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and respond to constantly changing situations;
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills. Must be able to able to bring forward opportunities and recommendations to improve effectiveness and productivity, according to set objectives;
- Excellent client management experience;
- Proven track record if organizational abilities;
- Strong knowledge of computers and systems;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Hold and maintain a valid, non-expired, unrestricted driver’s license
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated Companies:Affiliated Companies: Innomar Strategies
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
As of October 18, 2021, Cencora requires all Canadian team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
AmerisourceBergen is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. When requested, AmerisourceBergen will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and hiring processes and during employment.