Pharmacy Technician II (Onsite - Wyomissing, PA)
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
This position is located onsite in the West Reading/Wyomissing, PA area and will support our network of Reading Hospital Retail Pharmacies. Locations include the Reading Hospital Ambulatory Pharmacy, 7th Avenue Pharmacy, Wyomissing Pharmacy, and Broadcasting Pharmacy. Shifts are typically 8 to 10 hours, and include rotating weekends and holidays. Full time, 40 hours per week.
A Pharmacy Technician in our organization is a positive, charismatic, team-oriented individual with a dedication to customer service and patient care. Someone who can manage competing priorities, is technology savvy, and has strong communication skills would be a good fit for this role.
Cencora has managed and staffed the Reading Hospital Ambulatory Pharmacy inside of the 700 bed Reading Hospital since 2017. In 2023 we opened two additional locations and are continuing to expand throughout 2024.
We foster a culture where career development and training play a key role as our staff gain experience in many aspects of ambulatory and specialty pharmacy. We currently employ pharmacists in both clinical and ambulatory settings with a support staff of technicians in various roles. We are excited to welcome new team members to continue to grow our team and kickstart new careers.
We started with 2 pharmacists and 4 technicians and have since expanded into a much larger operation with services at multiple pharmacy locations such as:
- employee prescriptions
- home delivery
- pharmacy navigators embedded in clinics
- Specialty Pharmacy
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for creating a patient profile in the pharmacy information system.
- Enters necessary prescription plan information in the patient profile for processing and adjudicating patient’s prescriptions.
- Responsible for entering all new patient prescription information into the pharmacy information system.
- Addresses insurance, reimbursement, and payment issues as appropriate by communicating with insurance providers, patients and pharmacists.
- Participates in achieving business goals and metrics for the Ambulatory Pharmacy program.
- Retrieves and prepares the medication for pharmacist review and verification.
- Prepares inventory reports for pharmacist review to purchase.
- Submits, receives, and places inventory in stock.
- Answers inbound telephone calls and triages calls as appropriate based upon the nature of the call to the appropriate staff.
- Assists with the reviews and handling of all adjudicated prescription claims to ensure appropriateness of reimbursement, co-pay and related financials and, if needed, as directed, follows up all such claims deemed inappropriate.
- Assists Pharmacist by providing required information for therapeutic consults with patients.
- Intervenes with Pharmacy Benefit Manager Companies to resolve plan and patient specific adjudication issues.
- Supply and monitor ambulatory dispensing robotic technology.
- Actively participates by fulfilling medications and pharmaceutical supplies to patients as outlined by the concierge prescription program.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Normally requires a minimum of two (2) years directly related and progressively responsible ambulatory pharmacy experience; bachelor's degree program preferred. Pharmacy technician certification with a national technical certification organization, such as Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or other comparable national certification required. State pharmacy certification is acceptable if core competencies are equal to or better than national certification requirements.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to resolve patient issues quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction
Familiarity with pharmaceutical products, services and drug interactions
Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
Good analytical skills
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: Value Apothecaries Inc
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.