Field Service Technician
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Are you passionate about making a difference in the livestock industry? At Micro Technologies, we create innovative solutions that help animal agricultural partners feed the world. As a part of the AmerisourceBergen family of companies, this is the important role we play in creating healthier futures for all.
The Micro-Weigh System Maintenance Service Technician is responsible for providing a high level of customer satisfaction throughout the site selection, ongoing preventative maintenance, customer service, user training of the Micro-Weigh System (MWS), and related technologies. The Micro-Weigh System offers producers the only automated Micro ingredient delivery system of its kind. The Service representative also provides sales support, influence and education of product use with the customers for purposes of maximizing customer value and MWS revenue.
Territory: Ideal territory will be eastern Nebraska with additional coverage as needed.
- Build trust and influence with customers as well as sustain and maintain the relationship with integrity and dedication to the customer.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance, onsite and remote service and support of the Micro Weigh Systems and other technologies.
- Optimizing the customer benefit of our systems and solutions
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Installation of parts, electrical work, plumbing, welding, and fabrication
- Transport and deliver equipment to customer’s sites.
- Maintain, modify and adjust with the highest level of accuracy the appropriate dosage for feed additives and rations/diets through the Micro Weigh System software based upon the nutritionist’s and or veterinarian’s specifications.
- Perform standard operational tests under protocol guidelines while following standardized checklists.
- Maintains and updates FDA files for customers and trains customers on same.
- Effectively train customer staff on equipment operation and inventory control procedures as well as FDA guidelines.
- Continual education of customer management team on new products and programs offered by Micro, which supports and drives increased product sales
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
High School diploma or equivalent is desired.
- Knowledge of electrical wiring, plumbing, welding and fabrication is required.
- Experience and understanding of feed yard operations helpful.
- Experience with use of power tools, volt meters.
- Ability to read electrical diagrams, setting up computer programs, and following instructions.
- Requires computer skills, including Microsoft Office and basic knowledge of computer-based software.
- Must be able to read and understand English.
- Good customer service skills and a sense of urgency are required. Driver’s License and acceptable driving record is required.
- CDL is preferred or must be able to obtain CDL license.
- Will be responsible to cover Emergency Service Calls and be part of a rotation team to cover holidays and weekend coverage. Overnight travel is required.
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Speak Effectively: Speaks effectively in individual or group situations (e.g., meetings, presentations, interviews) including appropriate nonverbal communications; able to recognize and present information to others; recognizes different methods for communicating the same information and selects the best method; strives for positive high impact delivery.
Customer Service: Is customer oriented, sensitive and responsive to customer needs and priorities; establishes effective working relationships with customers and their consultants, gains their respect and loyalty; identifies and takes appropriate action on customer needs.
Know the Organization: Understands the company’s objectives; knows the structure of the organization; works effectively within the organization to achieve results; works continuously to make linkages and build networks within the organization.
Know the Customer and the Market: Knows customers in the market territory; keeps up to date on key competitors; understands and is responsive to the needs and expectations of relevant customer segments; establishes effective working relationships with customers to gain respect and loyalty; identifies opportunities presented by changes and shifts in the marketplace.
Build Quality Service: Defines quality service based on customer needs, wants, expectations and profitability; aligns actions accordingly; remains sensitive and responsive to both internal and external customers; builds distinctive predictable levels of service; resolves problems quickly and effectively.
Know the Product: Displays knowledge and proficiency in explaining, selling, and administering products; refers customers to appropriate resources within the organization. As an integral part of the food supply chain, understands and teaches customers and influences the importance of proper use, implementation and compliance of pharmaceutical products.
Maintain Technological Expertise: Keeps informed of technological advances affecting the industry; recognizes/identifies appropriate and effective technological applications for use by the company; applies internal technology to effective advantage.
Mathematics: Resolves practical problems by choosing the appropriate mathematical technique (percentages, formulas, etc.); uses quantitative data to construct logical explanations for real world situations; expresses mathematical ideas and concepts verbally and in writing; understands the role of chance in the occurrence and prediction of events.
Reasoning :Discovers the underlying relationship between two or more objects and uses that knowledge to solve a problem; uses logic to draw conclusions from available information; identifies general rules or principles; applies rules and principles to new situations; determines which conclusions are correct from analysis of a given set of facts and information.
Demonstrate Interpersonal Skills: Communicates in an open, straight forward, honest and respectful style; checks for message clarity; understands the effect the communication style has on others, including nonverbal communications; plans for and adapts to the wide variety of communication preferences and needs of others.
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: MWI Veterinary Supply Company
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.