Director - Strategic Accounts
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Under broad administrative direction of the President, Micro Technologies the role is responsible for increasing the revenues and profits by generating demand for the Division's programs within large corporate accounts. Develops and maintains excellent client relations, pursues new business opportunities and acts as the primary interface within a substantial corporate client base. Role is also responsible to facilitate the strategic direction of the business unit, including strategic acquisitions, mergers, JV’s and partnerships.
This is a US based virtual role (prefer in the Midwest or Upper West coast).
- Cultivates relationships at the highest levels of production animal corporate companies; establishes relationships with individuals in order to maximize intra-client opportunities
- Maintains strong client relationships to develop new and expanded business opportunities resulting from ongoing work
- Develops custom sales presentations and produces proposals in keeping with agreed upon templates
- Monitors client satisfaction on all open projects
- Organizes timely RFP process for effective contract renewals
- Provides individual account input in order to contribute to the forecasting process
- Sets up and directs the sales cycle for clients by soliciting assistance as appropriate from other functions with the organization such as clinical, operations, and sales and payer relations
- Works directly with subject matter experts within Micro, MWI, ABC, subsidiaries, corporate and regional associates during the sales process in order to develop and execute strategies using company solutions to address customer specific needs identified during the exploration phase
- Demonstrates initiative in their own on-going professional development; includes keeping abreast of the industry and its changes through the use of industry information and company literature
- Manages the engagement of select business partners and aids in ensuring solid working relationships with organization to realize larger business growth opportunities
- Ensures successful implementation of programs being onboarded
- Acts as liaison between client and operations
- Gathers information, analyzes and develops strategies concerning dynamics that may affect the business relationship, such as changes in customer ownership or new affiliations, current market share and targets of opportunities for new growth, customers' changing requirements, competitor strengths and weaknesses, and continually communicates these strategies internally using verbal discussion and written business plans
- Responsible for the management of defined accounts
- Responsible for identifying sales opportunities and responding to leads and referrals, as provided
- Understands the customer’s organizations, business strategy and objectives, in order to generate new opportunities and ensure teams ability to meet customer needs
- Ensures the management of internal processes to ensure all opportunities are identified, structured, and executed properly and expeditiously, as needed
- Ensures detailed, accurate, up-to-date prospect and client information is kept in specified business system and works closely with related teams to ensure smooth implementation and account management
- Takes personal responsibility for determining and satisfying customer needs and ensuring total customer satisfaction to maintain future business
- Maintains co-operative and productive intra-department relationships and procedures to deliver exceptional customer service at all times
- Assists in developing the Division's portfolio of products through custom projects or idea generation, and capitalizing on the Division's capabilities
- Must be willing to work extended hours, as needed, in order to meet sales objectives; must be willing to travel to events such as conferences, national and regional sales meetings
What your background should look like
- Requires broad training in fields such as sales, sales management, strategy or related field; Master's Degree preferred
- Normally requires a minimum of eight (8) to ten (10) years related and progressively responsible experience in the Animal Health business (specifically Livestock)
- Requires consultative selling for high-end products in corporate accounts
- Understands future trends in production agriculture
- Dynamic customer relations skills
- Excellent long-term thinker
- Superior analytical skills relative to financial modeling
- Fluent in profitability calculations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of computers necessary to operate effectively with company systems and programs
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: MWI Veterinary Supply Company
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.