Production Operations Manager
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Location: Individual will work onsite at the Amarillo, TX facility on a day-to-day basis
Hours: Standard business hours Monday through Friday
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with parts and services departments to understand the production needs of our customers.
- Ensure that production is completed accurately and timely, to meet the demands of installation.
- Maintain quality control of product by ensuring that MICRO production staff follows specific production instructions for each job.
- Participate in quarterly parts inventory.
- Ensure that production orders are properly maintained in the computer system.
- Ensure that shelves are adequately stocked at all times to efficiently and effectively meet the needs of the production department.
- Working with Service Manager, assist in the hiring, training and performance of the production team, including but not limited to ensuring each week is adequately staffed (monitor vacation, sick hours, etc.). audit and submit accurate time cards, assist with performance evaluations, make recommendations to wage increases, document and report worker injuries.
- Cross train all personnel.
- Maintain a safe work environment to include safety devices and fire protection
- Ensure all equipment and power tools are in working order.
- Requisition tools as needed.
- Plan for the production department to assist in the quarterly parts inventory.
- Insure that all equipment assembly records are current and accurate.
- Insure that all new assembly drawing and/or instruction are transmitted to the appropriate field
- Maintain quality control on all parts and assemblies
- Work on assembling and completing the production equipment assembly procedure binders.
- Insure that the non-counted parts (plumbing and bolts, etc) are at an appropriate stocked level.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma or equivalent is required. Technical and/or vocational school helpful. Basic computer skills required. Prior supervisory experience desired. Knowledge of electrical wiring is preferred.. Experience with use of power tools, volt meters, reading electrical diagrams and following instructions. Adequate mobility to continually walk and stand; pull from various shelf heights; and ability to lift up to 35 to 50 lbs regularly. Must be able to read and understand English, have number recognition skills, and good hand/eye coordination. Good customer service skills and a sense of urgency are required.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Administer Effectively: Monitors daily implementation of activities, projects, policies and procedures; notices errors and gaps; keeps detailed and accurate records; processes paperwork promptly and follows up on important details.
Problem Solving: Recognizes that a problem exists (i.e., that there is a discrepancy between what is and what should be); identifies possible reasons for the discrepancy and devises and implements a plan of action to resolve it.
Reasoning: Discovers the underlying relationship between two or more objects and uses that knowledge to solve a problem; uses logic to draw conclusions from available information; identifies general rules or principles; applies rules and principles to new situations; determines which conclusions are correct from analysis of a given set of facts and information.
Demonstrating Leadership for Others: Displays consistent skills, behaviors and attitudes congruent with the values and strategies of MWI; models high performing level of motivation, performance and personal integrity that others strive to emulate; matches actions and words.
Balance Key Management Factors: Matches resources, processes and management style to the demands of the situation; preserves and develops productive capacity while accomplishing immediate and long-term objectives.
Seek Continuous Improvement: Recognizes that all products and services can be continuously improved through systematic optimization of processes; provides employees with the training, tools and support to pursue continuous improvement.
Set and Clarify Mission and Goals: Articulates and discusses department mission/goals with the work team to ensure members understand the linkages with broader organizational mission/goals; sets and communicates challenging, measurable work standards.
Plan for Development: Accurately evaluates the career potential and development needs of others; provides opportunities (training, special assignments, transfers, etc.) for development of skills and knowledge related to current/future jobs; helps set realistic development objectives geared toward the achievement of individual and team goals; instills a sense of personal ownership and accomplishment.
Build Quality Service: Defines quality service based on customer needs, wants, expectations and profitability; aligns actions accordingly; remains sensitive and responsive to both internal and external customers; builds distinctive predictable levels of service; resolves problems quickly and effectively.
Promote a Healthy and Safe Work Environment: Maintains a work environment, which is conducive to the well being of employees; identifies and corrects adverse health and safety conditions; aggressively manages the productivity and financial implications of health-related absences; strives to determine the root causes of work-related health problems and takes preventive action.
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: MWI Veterinary Supply Company
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.