Director, Pharmacy & Health Systems Solutions
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Under the direction of the Vice President, Pharmacy & Health System Solutions, the Director of Pharmacy & Health Systems Solutions will help plan and support management of internal and external solutions defined by Health Systems & Government Services (HGS) leadership. This role works closely with business units and departments across the entire organization, to ensure alignment and execution of strategies and solutions to support HGS goals.
This is a US based virtual role (ideally located in the midwest)
- Supports and manages projects with oversight from VP, Pharmacy & Health System Solutions. These projects will include internally focused solutions & initiatives to improve the performance of the Health Systems group including subsidiary business units and will also include external projects focused on raising strategic relevance with existing customers.
- Supports planning and project management for specific opportunities to engage with existing customers and develop new customer relationships or offerings for targeted customers within Health Systems.
- Collaborates effectively with various functions and associates including facilitating projects across Cencora businesses.
- Must be capable of understanding and applying an industry-wide perspective on major trends, including customer, regulatory, technology, and distribution channel changes; identifies implications for Health Systems solutions. Able to assist with identifying required modifications to plans and potential mitigation actions.
- Invests time and energy into maintaining ties with the health systems industry through advisory boards, trade shows, conferences, and networking.
- Supports efforts to align and integrate Cencora’s strategic priorities with business unit strategies. Specifically, customer centric initiatives identified through strategic planning and customer experience work-threads.
- Provides support on projects and assignments, which require commitment from interdepartmental and external resources.
- Leads, scopes, plans and manages client engagements, ensuring quality, cost and delivery requirements are achieved; structures deliverable content, resolves issues and develops recommendations and solutions.
- Builds expertise in two or more health system solution portfolios.
- Must be willing to work extended hours, as needed, in order to meet objectives; must be willing to travel to events such as customer meetings, conferences and national meetings.
- Performs related duties as assigned
What your background should look like
- Active Pharmacist license is required. Advanced degree highly preferred, such as PharmD, MBA, MHA, MS, PMP. Requires a minimum of five (5) years related and progressively responsible experience in healthcare.
- Intimate knowledge of healthcare industry including direct experience with pharmaceutical distribution and related customer base.
- Ability to understand the complex interrelationships between stakeholders (i.e., payers, providers, suppliers, distributors, and patients) within the healthcare industry and articulate how each is impacted industry changes and new product offerings
- Financial expertise; working knowledge of financial evaluation and modeling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate experience in managing and leading complex cross-functional projects
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking and expresses ideas clearly, concisely and logically
- Ability to make balanced and insightful decisions
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with others
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Demonstrated knowledge of various management principles; solid understanding and support of Cencora policies, philosophy, goals and objectives in order to integrate a complementary management network
- Ability to assess changing conditions, values and needs of the customer; ability to conceptualize, develop and lead the effort required to support change
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: Value Apothecaries Inc
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.