Pharmacy Support (Central Pay/Reconciliation) Specialist - Hybrid: Orange, CA
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Under the direction of the Manager of Central Pay, the Central Pay Specialist manages the daily flow of funds (over $20B annually) received by PBMs and distributed to both Elevate & Accelerate Provider Network pharmacies. Associate will serve as the main contact and resolution point between the customer, the Elevate/Accelerate Networks, Central Pay vendor partners and pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs) regarding customer issues. These include banking issues, missing payments, and reconciliation concerns. Associate is responsible for helping to identify and mitigate risk for Cencora by completing daily review and outreach to ensure payments are distributed accurately and on time to network pharmacies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinates Central Pay Services implementation for pharmacy customer enrollment or dis-enrollment in Elevate & Accelerate Provider Networks.
2. Through daily review and outreach, ensures that pharmacies are paid accurately and on time each day to enable them to manage their business, including being able to pay their Cencora distribution invoices.
3. Identifies and escalates missing payments and support detail by working with Central Pay vendor partner and PBMs.
4. Collaborates with Customers, Sales, Elevate & Accelerate Network, Reconciliation Vendors, Central Pay vendor partner and PBMs.
5. Provides support for pharmacy customers with questions and issues regarding account setup, payments, reconciliation and funds on hold.
6. Helps to identify risk by monitoring customer accounts and user access.
7. Documents processes and procedures.
8. Completes special projects as assigned.
9. Performs related duties as required.
What your background should look like
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, finance/economics, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience; Experience in retail pharmacy support, including knowledge in dealing with PBM claims processing, payment processing and reconciliation, preferred. Normally requires a minimum of one (1) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Able to understand market trends that effect pharmacy business.
2. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; self-starter.
3. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
4. Ability to convey results of analysis and resolve problems in a logical organized fashion.
5. Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and strong interpersonal sills.
7. Possesses decision-making and problem-solving ability.
8. Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel (e.g., VLOOKUP), Access, Word and Power Point.
9. Must be proficient in personal computers and server usage.
10. Experience with relational databases and knowledge of query tools and/or statistical business intelligence software (Micro Strategy) is beneficial.
11. Possess a high discipline for performing quality work and a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
*This Salary Range reflects a National Average for this job. The actual range may vary based on your locale. Ranges in Colorado/California/Washington/New York State-specific locations may be up to 10% lower than the minimum salary range, and 12% higher than the maximum salary range.
Affiliated Companies:Affiliated Companies: AmerisourceBergen Services Corporation
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.