Personal Care Specialist (12-month Contract)
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Key point of contact for patients
- Contact patients to gather information and educate patients on program services
- Be a reimbursement expert in his/her assigned caseload territory
- Educates the patient on program services, including but not limited to injection training, pharmacy options, and reimbursement support
- Ensure coordination of patient services in a timely manner resulting in a rapid and continuous access to therapy
- Works collaboratively with other team members in various roles to coordinate the patient journey and ensure patient onboarding
- Manage all aspects of coverage to maximize and maintain prescription drug coverage
- Regularly interacts with insurance companies, pharmacies, and other healthcare professionals to provide optimal reimbursement support
- Coordination of prescriptions (initial and renewal)
- Adverse Event reporting
- Ad hoc duties as assigned
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- A post-secondary or Associate degree program and/or an equivalent combination of experience and education is required
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset (requirement for province of Quebec)
- Experience in a customer service setting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in public or private third party reimbursement arena, call center setting or pharmaceutical industry in sales, managed care, clinical support, or related experience an asset
- Experience in a Customer Service setting
- Comprehension of medical information
- Knowledge of public, private and federal reimbursement an asset
- Previous work using a CRM system an asset
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of SalesForce.com an asset
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Exceptional customer service skills and phone etiquette
- Detail and result oriented
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills & sense of urgency
- Ability to collaborate effectively with program associates
- Ability to work autonomously in a remote setting
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities at once
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and in both English and French (oral and written) for the Quebec and New Brunswick Provinces.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to adapt to change and ambiguity
- Adhere to Performance Standards and Procedures required by the program
The successful candidate may have daily contacts with unilingual English-speaking customers, patients or peers from cross-functional teams.
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated Companies:Affiliated Companies: Innomar Strategies
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
As of October 18, 2021, Cencora requires all Canadian team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
AmerisourceBergen is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. When requested, AmerisourceBergen will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and hiring processes and during employment.