Population Health Pharmacist (Remote)
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
This position is for a Population Health Pharmacist. Part of the time will be spent working with population health team to contribute towards meeting Medicare Star metrics for value-based contracts (VBC). Part of the time will be spent providing pharmacist clinical support to providers and counseling patients seen at local Tower Health Medical Group (THMG) primary care practices through telemedicine and telephonic communication. A strong clinical pharmacy background and experience working with payer VBC is optimal to succeed in this role.
The role is primarily remote, with expectations to be on-site in West Reading, Pennsylvania for training, quarterly meetings, and from time to time as business needs may require. Full time, Monday through Friday, and typically no weekends or holidays required.
This position is categorized as compliance critical and, as such, requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division, corporate and regulatory requirements.
Cencora manages and staffs three community pharmacies in the West Reading area: the Reading Hospital Ambulatory Pharmacy inside of the 700 bed Reading Hospital, 7th Avenue Pharmacy servicing the Doctors Office Building located on campus, and Wyomissing Pharmacy that shares an office building with the Reading Hospital Endocrinology and Diabetes Center.
We foster a culture where career development and training play a key role as our staff gain experience in many aspects of ambulatory and specialty pharmacy. We currently employ pharmacists in both clinical and ambulatory settings with a support staff of technicians in various roles. We are excited to welcome new team members to continue to grow our team and kickstart new careers.
Cencora employs approximately 70 associates dedicated to supporting Reading Hospital / Tower Health, delivering a full spectrum of pharmaceutical care including:
- meds-to-beds (concierge) prescription delivery
- employee prescription fulfillment
- pharmacist navigators embedded in clinics
- Dually Accredited Specialty Pharmacy w/Distinction in Oncology
- 340B program optimization & business analytic support
- OTC/Retail shopping experiences
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A Population Health Pharmacist plays a crucial role in promoting and enhancing the overall health and well-being of a specific population. Listed are some of the expectations for pharmacist in this role:
- Collaborate with healthcare providers to optimize medication therapy for individuals within the population, potentially working under a Collaborative Practice Agreement
- Conduct medication reviews and assessments to identify potential issues and recommend interventions.
- Provide patient education on medication adherence, proper use, and potential side effects for the population.
- Provide counseling to patients on lifestyle modifications and health promotion strategies.
Chronic Disease Management:
- Focus on the management of chronic diseases prevalent in the population.
- Work with healthcare teams to design and implement strategies for improving medication adherence in chronic disease management.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Analyze population health data to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Generate reports on medication-related outcomes and contribute to the development of evidence-based practices.
Collaboration with Healthcare Teams:
- Collaborate with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to develop and implement population health strategies.
- Participate in interdisciplinary care teams to address the holistic needs of the population.
- Implement quality improvement initiatives related to medication management and patient outcomes.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of interventions on population health metrics.
Research and Evaluation:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of population health interventions and make recommendations for improvement.
- Utilize telehealth platforms to reach and support individuals within the population, especially in remote or underserved areas.
- Demonstrate cultural competence in delivering healthcare services to diverse populations.
- Tailor interventions to meet the unique needs and preferences of the population.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
This list is a starting point, and specific responsibilities may vary based on the healthcare setting, population demographics, and organizational goals.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- PharmD degree required.
- PGY1 residency or previous clinical experience completing medication therapy management activities and providing recommendations to providers is highly desirable.
- Experience working with value-based contracts and understanding of population health pharmacy metrics and methods for improving scoring on pharmaceutical components of VBC’s is highly desirable.
- Unrestricted pharmacist license in the state of PA is required. If out of state, must obtain licensure within 90 days of receiving offer letter.
- Experience with 340B purchasing program is beneficial.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in Epic or similar EMR platforms.
- Experience with retail pharmacy prescription processing and claims adjudication.
- This role involves working with broad array of complex disease states and medical conditions; candidates should be comfortable working with clinical data, lab values, and reading/writing notes in patient medical records.
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: Value Apothecaries Inc
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.