Territory Manager - Animal Health - Hartford, CT
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
The Territory Manager is responsible for generating sales of products and equipment to both existing veterinarians and new customers within an assigned sales territory. The Territory Manager plans and makes sales calls, and selects products and programs that motivate customers to buy products.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Call on target, current and prospective customers in order to generate sales, improve market share, and increase income for MWI.
- Utilize the computer as a sales aid and be competent in the use of MWI e-mail, MWI promotions in Outlook, and the MWI Territory Manager website.
- Seek to understand the needs of the veterinarian and clinic and, in turn, select products and services to satisfy those needs.
- Establish appropriate relationships with veterinarians and clinics.
- Review and utilize sales analysis and top supplier reports in pre and post call planning.
- Prepare and maintain a written call cycle consistent with territory changes. Share information with ISR and Regional Manager. Call cycle information includes account number, name, location, and day of the week.
- Stay current on the full line of products and services offered by MWI.
- Demonstrate competency in MWI sales programs, promotions and products.
- Establish account profiles for customers within territory.
- Be responsive to communication from customers, MWI team members, and manufacturer representatives.
- Detail and/or demonstrate new products and promotions for customers.
- Ensure reporting is submitted timely.
- Meet sales goals and budget numbers by territory and manufacturer.
- Act as a resource to the customer in business matters dealing with such issues as inventory management, equipment and products.
- Act as point person for customers on nearly all dealings with the company; work with MWI inside personnel to ensure customer issues are resolved.
- Maintain vehicle in a professional manner.
- Work closely with key vendors and Product Specialists.
- Maintain adequate support material and detail aids in automobile.
- Comply with other requests from MWI Regional Managers and leadership.
- Participate in conference calls and meetings as requested.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
A bachelor’s degree and one to three years of outside sales experience, preferably in animal health, are desired.Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills and a proven ability to sell are necessary.A valid drivers’ license and good driving record are mandatory.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Speak Effectively: Speaks effectively in individual or group situations (e.g., meetings, presentations, interviews) including appropriate nonverbal communications; able to recognize and present information to others; recognizes different methods for communicating the same information and selects the best method; strives for positive high impact delivery.
Customer Service: Is customer oriented, sensitive and responsive to customer needs and priorities; establishes effective working relationships with customers and gains their respect and loyalty; identifies and takes appropriate action on customer needs.
Know the Organization: Understands the company’s objectives; knows the structure of the organization; works effectively within the organization to achieve results; works continuously to make linkages and build networks within the organization.
Know the Customer and the Market: Knows customers in the market territory; keeps up to date on key competitors; understands and is responsive to the needs and expectations of relevant customer segments; establishes effective working relationships with customers to gain respect and loyalty; identifies opportunities presented by changes and shifts in the marketplace.
Build Quality Service: Defines quality service based on customer needs, wants, expectations and profitability; aligns actions accordingly; remains sensitive and responsive to both internal and external customers; builds distinctive predictable levels of service; resolves problems quickly and effectively.
Know the Product: Displays knowledge and proficiency in explaining, selling, and administering products; refers customers to appropriate resources within the organization.
Maintain Technological Expertise: Keeps informed of technological advances affecting the industry; recognizes/identifies appropriate and effective technological applications for use by the company; applies internal technology to effective advantage.
Demonstrate Interpersonal Skills: Communicates in an open, straight forward, honest and respectful style; checks for message clarity; understands the effect the communication style has on others, including nonverbal communications; plans for and adapts to the wide variety of communication preferences and needs of others.
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: MWI Veterinary Supply Company
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.
Cencora is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities during the employment process which are consistent with legal requirements. If you wish to request an accommodation while seeking employment, please call 888.692.2272 or email email@example.com. We will make accommodation determinations on a request-by-request basis. Messages and emails regarding anything other than accommodations requests will not be returned