Event Coordinator - Workplace Solutions
Our team members are at the heart of everything we do. At Cencora, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures, and every person here is essential to us being able to deliver on that purpose. If you want to make a difference at the center of health, come join our innovative company and help us improve the lives of people and animals everywhere. Apply today!
What you will be doing
Under general direction of the Workplace Manager, the Event Coordinator, is responsible for planning and coordinating meetings. This is a hands-on position supporting internal meetings, catering, and event planning. The Event Coordinator can handle a wide range of activities, has excellent people skills, is well organized and pays attention to detail.
- Facilitates the coordination of meetings and events with supervision from manager or more senior team member.
- Meeting and event coordination include but is not limited to communication with host or designee, engaging catering solutions and understanding budget, delivery date and set-up time.
- Facilitates the coordination of food service to support meeting and events with considerable supervision from manager or more senior team member.
- Food service coordination include but is not limited to communication with catering vendors before during and after events, presenting catering menu options, finalizing orders, understanding and conveying budgets, delivery dated and time, delivery instructions (parking, entrance, check-in process) and dietary restrictions.
- Receive, respond, and address meeting logistics requests via myWorkplace ticket system in a timely manner.
- Quality control check of conference rooms to ensure set up (AV system works, requested additional meeting materials, supplies are restocked, and room layout) is as requested.
- Any maintenance issues are identified and addressed with a WPS ticket.
- Maintain the conference room catering schedule. Provide reception and/or the security guards and day porters with the daily conference room, catering schedule, communicate updates, as necessary.
- Coordinate with Workspace team members for their planning, preparation, and support of internal and external meeting and events (room set ups, potlucks, area closure, furniture rearranging).
- Daily conference room sweep, ensuring room is restored in accordance with standard (catering is picked up, AV system is turned off, trash is removed, and room is cleaned, furniture is restored).
- Provide catering and supply receipts to meeting host/the credit card holder for expense report processing.
- Weekly check of conference room cabinets to ensure they are stocked with condiments, mugs, cups, etc.
- Submits myWorkplace print service ticket (hallway sign, name tags, flyers, event tickets etc.) on behalf of meeting host or produces printing job on their own.
- Manage corporate training learning inventory.
- Reserve conference rooms, complete conference room set-up requests including scheduling the room set-up, specify meeting supplies, and submitting a ticket for IT/AV set-up.
- Maintains and promotes positive and professional working relationships with associates, teammates and management.
- Comply with policies, procedures safety rules and regulations.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences, or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a two-year associate degree program or equivalent combination of two years of experience and education.
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as bending, standing, or walking
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Works well under pressure, proactively resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Ability to handle confidential directives
- Vendor coordination experience
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Demonstrate professionalism through appearance, attitude, and communication
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, MS Teams and SharePoint is required.
What Cencora offers
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness. This encompasses support for working families, which may include backup dependent care, adoption assistance, infertility coverage, family building support, behavioral health solutions, paid parental leave, and paid caregiver leave.
To encourage your personal growth, we also offer a variety of training programs, professional development resources, and opportunities to participate in mentorship programs, employee resource groups, volunteer activities, and much more.
For details, visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen
Affiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: AmerisourceBergen Services Corporation
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cencora is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.
Cencora is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities during the employment process which are consistent with legal requirements. If you wish to request an accommodation while seeking employment, please call 888.692.2272 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make accommodation determinations on a request-by-request basis. Messages and emails regarding anything other than accommodations requests will not be returned