Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Manager
Norton Rose Fulbright
Hybrid work schedule -please note that this position can also be filled in any of our offices across Canada
This role is critical to the achievement of the firm's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion objectives including increasing, retaining and advancing greater diverse representation in the firm and building an inclusive culture. The DEI manager will be managing and developing talent management initiatives, implementing a new strategic approach to impactful relationships with community associations and organizations that support pipeline (internships and work experience) and lateral recruitment; and leading the development of greater French speaking capability supporting diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives in our Montreal and Quebec City offices. The diversity, equity and inclusion strategy at the firm is well developed and has an intersectional approach to gender parity, racial equity, 2SLGBTQI+ inclusion, disability confidence and also life stages (including parenting transitions, generational diversity and flexible/hybrid working models).
You will be focusing on:
- Implement plans that increase diversity in the firm by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on pipeline initiatives
- Lead and develop talent management initiatives that support the retention and advancement of Black, Indigenous and racialized firm members, in close collaboration with Legal Talent, Human Resources and Learning & Development.
- Lead Employee Resource Group (ERG) strategy nationally, linking these groups to the firm's DEI strategy; advising on, supporting and implementing ERG initiatives, including increasing accessibility and engagement with French speaking firm members.
- Deliver and contribute to DEI training and workshop facilitation in both English and French
- Manage and contribute to internal & external diversity communications
- Build a diverse pipeline in support of student and lateral recruitment efforts by advancing the firm's relationships and profile with organizations where we hold national and local partnerships and sponsorship relationships; and identifying opportunities to connect scholarship beneficiaries to the firm and ensuring maximum profile and impact on recruitment from scholarship initiatives
- Create and lead programming initiatives including internships, work experience, mentoring initiatives, networking activities and workshops to support pipeline recruitment initiatives that will increase representation in both legal and business services departments
- Lead the strategic direction for engagement in DEI initiatives in French by supporting local leadership, People & Development and also Employee Resource Group chapters in Montreal & Quebec
- Collaborate with the Head of Diversity, equity & inclusion to lead and/or support a range of national initiatives and projects
What you bring to the role:
- 1-3 years' experience and understanding of pipeline recruitment within a law firm or experience as an associate within a business law firm.
- 1-5 years' experience working in the field of diversity, equity & inclusion including working with employee resource groups, leadership and communities groups.
- Experience serving on committees and boards is preferred
- Exceptional writing skills along with strong presentation and oral communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrated experience as a relationship builder and trusted liaison, by demonstrating integrity and being authentic, collaborative, inclusive, and a creative problem solver.
- High-level strategic thinking combined with attention to detail in executing programs.
- A self-starter who can work autonomously and is proactive in developing ideas and solutions.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to manage multiple projects through highly effective organizational skills.
- Powerful interpersonal skills; experience in a relationship-based position that requires engaging with many stakeholders and requires effective communication skills to influence outcomes.
- Ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy when managing conflicts.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Bilingualism is essential
Why join our team:
- Hybrid work environment
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Benefit premiums paid by the firm
- Telemedicine services
Ready to join a proactive and modern firm that provides an exceptional career experience in an inclusive and collaborative environment? Come join us!
As a global law firm, we embrace a culture of excellence and working hard, but always with a focus on flexibility, respect, diversity and openness. We strive to create an equitable, inclusive environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work and realize their career potential.
To find out more about how we integrate diversity, equity and inclusion in everything we do please click https://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/en-ca/about/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.
If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any reasonable adjustments during the recruiting process, please contact email@example.com to further discuss your needs.
Please note that applicants who receive an employment offer may be required during their employment with Norton Rose Fulbright to provide proof of vaccinations recommended from time to time by government or public health authorities. Norton Rose Fulbright has a duty to accommodate those who are unable to get vaccinated due to protected grounds. For applicants who require an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
We thank all candidates for their applications, but please note that we will be contacting only those whom we invite for an interview.
Law around the world