Nutrasource Diagnostics Inc.
Nutrasource is looking for a Medical Doctor licensed in Ontario, to join our team who works closely with the site staff to ensure the execution of clinical studies on natural health products and pharmaceuticals, following the study protocol. The Medical Doctor also supports implementation of strategies that enhance study participant care, and support clinical study teams with provision of expert medical advice.
This position will act as a sub-investigator (Sub-I) on study protocols, under the supervision of the study’s Qualified Investigator. Training will be provided.
The role is part time/casual up to 10 hours per month or as needed.
- Complies with ICH GCP (International Conference on Harmonization – Good Clinical Practice) and all applicable regulatory requirements
- Supports QI to execute a clinical trial in compliance with protocol, REB, and regulatory (Health Canada) requirements
- Performs tasks for a clinical trial as delegated by QI/PI as they relate to the medical oversight of participants, including review of participant eligibility, medical history, medications, adverse events, clinical significance of out of range lab results, etc.
- Works directly with site staff and third-party health care providers to oversee participant’s care during their participation in a clinical study
- Acts as the medical expert in dealings with sponsors/clients and their functional representatives, vendors and non-medical facilities that work with study specific protocols or within the organization
· Ensures the crash cart and common medication box are maintained, organized, stocked adequately, and updated based on the defined needs of the site to manage medical emergencies
· Ensures AED is appropriately maintained
- Work collaboratively with Clinic In-Charge, Medical Director, and corporate staff to continually improve controlled documents for the site
- Assists with implementing training programs and policies on medical care and safety management of study participants
- Maintains Professional and Technical Knowledge in the field of Clinical Medicine and Research and provides expert clinical advice and decisions
Core Competencies and Skills:
- Knowledge of current ICH E6 guidelines on Good Clinical Practice, and Part C, Division 5 of the Health Canada Food and Drug regulations (Training will be provided if the candidate is does not have prior experience)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills in English (spoken and written)
- Experience and proficient with web-based programs and electronic medical records
Education and Experience:
- Physician/Medical Doctor (MD) to practice in Ontario, Canada and a member in good standing of a professional medical association as defined in Part C Division 5 of the Food and Drug Regulations
- Prior clinical research experience is an asset; however, training required for clinical research practices will be provided by to the successful applicant
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person