OmniaBio: Senior Market Development Specialist
OmniaBio: Senior Market Development Specialist
OmniaBio Inc. is a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) focused on cell and gene therapies from pre-clinical through to commercialization, and a subsidiary of CCRM. Benefitting from CCRM’s existing expertise, OmniaBio provides a continuum of advanced process and analytical development, and manufacturing capabilities, by enabling focused support for clients from early clinical phase to commercial supply needs. OmniaBio is built upon leadership in iPSCs, immunotherapy and LVVs. To be located at McMaster Innovation Park, less than one hour from the U.S. border, OmniaBio’s new commercial manufacturing site will anchor a biomanufacturing centre of excellence and will open with late clinical phase and commercial capacity in 2024 in a site totaling approximately 100,000 square feet. OmniaBio is supported by the Government of Ontario, via the Invest Ontario Fund. Please visit us at www.omniabio.com.
OmniaBio Inc. is looking for a dynamic and results-driven Senior Market Development Specialist with strong experience in market analysis, prospecting, lead generation, and influencing opportunity creation in the biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry. The Senior Market Development Specialist will be responsible for market analysis, collaborating with the Commercial team to develop the cell and gene therapy customer pipeline for OmniaBio’s process and analytical development and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) manufacturing services, and supporting market expansion activities. The person in this role will work closely with the Commercial team and technical subject matter experts across OmniaBio and its parent company, CCRM, and report to the Director, Marketing.
- Market Analysis
- Conduct in-depth market research in alignment with OmniaBio’s operational capabilities to categorize the market, creating defined market segments based on factors including company type, size, technology, funding, geographical area, asset pipeline, therapy area, regulatory designation, clinical development phase and OmniaBio’s engagement status.
- Collaborate with the Commercial team to assess attractiveness and probability of different market segments to develop a prioritized market development strategy to focus efforts on the optimal opportunities for business and revenue growth.
- Routinely examine market data, including company startups and funding, company status changes, competitor activities, and customer behaviour, providing valuable insights to the Commercial team to help inform the market strategy.
- Support in-depth market research to evaluate market size and inform research and development activities for emerging market opportunities, as needed.
- Prospecting and Lead Conversion:
- Identify and utilize various digital platforms, as well as OmniaBio’s existing relationships, to assess evolving market trends and the competitive landscape in the cell and gene therapy sector. Proactively identify, engage with, and nurture prospects, at target companies, through various methods, to generate qualified leads and develop relationships with key business influencers and decision-makers to identify target companies with new projects and prospects needing process and analytical development and GMP manufacturing services.
- Provide prospects (known targets) and qualified leads with valuable, tailored information about OmniaBio’s capabilities, expertise, and experience that can meet their specific needs to drive requests for information/proposals.
- Sales Opportunity Creation:
- Work closely with the key internal stakeholders to transition qualified leads into contacts/sales opportunities through confidentiality agreement initiation, project scope creation, and proposal generation, supporting the success of the entire customer lifecycle.
- Work with the Directors, Business Development, to follow-up on proposals in a timely manner and to support the sales process, as required.
- Customer Lifecycle Management Support:
- Maintain up-to-date customer relationship management (CRM) software system records and create routine reports for all campaigns, from early prospecting, to lead nurturing, to contact/sales opportunity creation.
- Work with the Information Technology and Commercial Operations teams to refine existing CRM capabilities to improve the user experience and processes to maximize adoption.
- BSc in a relevant field.
- 6+ years of business development and/or marketing support experience in the biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and/or cell and gene therapy industries.
- Strong attention to detail and able to work with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Extensive experience with market analysis and driving the top funnel of the customer lifecycle, including prospecting, lead generation and nurturing, and opportunity creation, including, but not limited to, confidentiality agreement initiation, project scope definition, and proposal writing.
- Prior experience in a CDMO or cell and gene therapy field is highly desirable.
- Proactive and self-driven, with a passion for staying at the forefront of market insights.
- Very strong communication skills (oral and written), including networking and relationship building with potential clients.
- Very strong writing skills with attention to detail, specifically in complex documents.
- Strong data mining and analytical skills and able to translate data into actionable insights.
- Demonstration of good project management skills and experience managing multiple priorities in a high-growth environment.
- An intellectually curious self-starter who can adapt in a fast-moving environment.
- Able to work closely in highly collaborative, multi-functional teams including senior management.
OmniaBio Inc. is a developing organization and represents a fluid working environment. Flexibility and adaptability are essential, and duties will be influenced by the needs of the organization.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
OmniaBio Inc. is committed to accessibility, diversity, and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, providing the applicant has met the bona fide requirements for the open position. Applicants should make their requirements known once contacted to schedule an interview, or when the job offer has been made.
- Pay Type Salary