Intermediate Software Engineer
If you love writing software and want to solve meaningful real-world problems then this could be the role for you! One day you could be helping write software for a life saving medical device, and on the next writing an application to control a nuclear inspection robot. At Prolucid we get to work on some of the most interesting, challenging, and impactful problems in industries like Medtech and nuclear.
We have a knowledgeable, fun, and growing team that enjoys a collaborative problem solving process, and making a real difference in the world. We prioritize meaningful projects over projects that don't make a difference, and are proud of what we do and how we can help.
Our Tech Stack Includes:
- Frameworks: React, Python Ray, Actor Frameworks, ASP.Net, F# Elmish, Dart/Flutter
- Environments: Linux/Windows/MacOS, Docker, Embedded
- Cloud: AWS, GCP, Azure
Think You Have What It Takes? Here's What You'll Need to Do:
- Design, develop, test, and maintain software solutions for desktop, mobile, and cloud applications targeting regulated industries (Medical and Nuclear).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements, define specifications, improve code quality, create innovative software solutions that meet business needs and provide and receive constructive feedback so as a team we continually improve.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends, continuously enhancing skills and knowledge to contribute to the team's technical expertise.
- Comfortable context switching between projects and tech stacks so that you’re always using the right tool to solve the most important problem
- You are a creative thinker and love solving problems
- You embrace failure, encourage feedback and iterate to improve
- You strive to make impactful contributions that are recognized by your team.
- You prefer to be a part of the company, not a cog in the machine
- You prefer to work in a hybrid environment to enhance team collaboration
- Learning and utilizing new technologies excites you
- Prefer to work in a variety of industries developing a diverse skill-set
- You are a hobbyist that enjoys tinkering with new technologies and working on side projects
If this sounds like you, apply today to join a great team that can take your skills to the next level!
- 2-5 Years of experience in a software development position.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree Software/Systems Engineering or a related field
- Ability to work in Canada
- Self-motivated, a good communicator, excellent problem solver
- Desire and able to continuously learn and embrace new techniques and technologies
- Demonstrable programming skills (any language – show us what you can do)
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with cloud technologies, in particular AWS
- Passion for quality systems used to deploy mission critical projects in Nuclear/Medical environments
- Hybrid office work model (2 days in-office)
- Extended Healthcare Plan (Medical, Disability, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off Benefits
- Training & Development
- Group Life - AD&D - Critical Illness Insurance