Senior Director, Head of Statistical Programming
Your work will change lives. Including your own.
The Impact You'll Make
Recursion is at the forefront of reimagining drug discovery through the integration of automated cell biology, high-dimensional and diverse data sets, and sophisticated analytics. We are seeking a Senior Director, Head of Statistical Programming to lead the Statistical Programming function. In this role you will:
- Build and lead Statistical Programming function and foster the culture of innovation, collaboration, trust, transparency, and the highest degree of stakeholder satisfaction. Contribute to vision, direction, and strategy of Biometrics.
- Establish strong collaboration with Clinical Development and study teams to identify and meet their needs for statistical programing support. Collaborate cross-functionally to resolve data and analysis issues and ensure effective communication.
- Develop asset level strategies and tactics to ensure consistency, efficiency, timeliness, and quality of statistical programming deliverables across programs. Provide leadership and expertise for day-to-day statistical programming tasks in support of ongoing clinical trials.
- Function as lead programmer, as needed, in the development and quality control of tables, listings, figures, analysis datasets, in accordance with current industry standards such as CDISC, SDTM, and ADaM.
- Create departmental SOPs and other processes to conform with industry and regulatory requirements and drive adoption of innovative programming technologies to automate and accelerate the production of the Statistical Programing deliverables.
- Provide oversight and technical guidance for both internal programming staff and external contracting resources and CROs.
This is a majority remote position with travel to the Salt Lake City headquarters as needed.
The Team You'll Join
As Senior Director, Head of Statistical Programming, you'll report directly to Vice President, Biometrics and will be a key member of the Biometrics Leadership Team. The Biometrics Team is an innovation-driven and execution-minded group of drug development professionals responsible for supporting Recursion's innovative science through novel trial design, data collection, integration, and analysis, and enabling data-driven decision making.
The Experience You'll Need
- MS degree in Biostatistics or related discipline with an undergraduate degree in a quantitative field.
- 15+ years of programming experience with advanced knowledge in pharmaceutical, biotechnology or CRO industries, and 5+ years of direct line leadership in building and managing statistical programming teams.
- Demonstrated proficiency in SAS and mastery of complex graphing techniques to derive analysis datasets and produce tables, figures and listings (TFLs).
- Expert knowledge of data standards including CDISC, SDTM, and ADaM, and relevant regulatory guidelines.
- Experience with regulatory submissions in the US, Europe, and other regions.
- Ability to manage, motivate, and develop people.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills including ability of conflict management and resolution.
- Experience in oncology and rare disease clinical trials.
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Recursion is a clinical stage TechBio company leading the space by decoding biology to industrialize drug discovery. Enabling its mission is the Recursion OS, a platform built across diverse technologies that continuously expands one of the world’s largest proprietary biological and chemical datasets. Recursion leverages sophisticated machine-learning algorithms to distill from its dataset a collection of trillions of searchable relationships across biology and chemistry unconstrained by human bias. By commanding massive experimental scale — up to millions of wet lab experiments weekly — and massive computational scale — owning and operating one of the most powerful supercomputers in the world, Recursion is uniting technology, biology and chemistry to advance the future of medicine.
Recursion is headquartered in Salt Lake City, where it is a founding member of BioHive, the Utah life sciences industry collective. Recursion also has offices in Toronto, Montreal and the San Francisco Bay Area. Learn more at www.recursion.com, or connect on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.