Senior Executive Assistant (EA)
Your work will change lives. Including your own.
Recursion is a clinical stage TechBio company leading the space by decoding biology to industrialize drug discovery. There is a new era in drug discovery – one in which digital tools like artificial intelligence and data-driven approaches are radically improving the efficiency of discovering and developing new medicines. As the biotech industry begins to embrace these new technologies and methods, Recursion is at the forefront of this burgeoning new sector we call TechBio. We’re reimagining the way new medicines are made and inspiring a new breed of tech-forward companies. The company is seeking to onboard a Senior Executive Assistant who will work in tandem with the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Corporate Development Officer. The scope of the role comes with a full platter of strategic and tactical responsibilities, alongside leadership and stakeholder initiatives. The role will also make a valuable contribution to the admin team of eight. Because of the company’s strong emphasis on leveraging artificial intelligence and technology, it is critical that the right person for this role is driven to learn and leverage AI and technology similarly. Both the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Corporate Development Officer work heavily with external partners, particularly focused on investor relations and business development partnerships. Because of this, Recursion is seeking a Senior EA that has supported senior financial and business development level executives, preferably with public company backgrounds and a sound understanding of investor relations protocols.
The company has 550 team members working hard each day fulfilling the company’s mission and vision. The company continues to lead their industry, making for a formidable and innovative force that consistently sets new standards and shapes the future of biotechnology. Currently, the team operates with a hybrid schedule, virtual and in the office. The office aesthetic is light, bright, casual and modern. Recursion’s HQ is located in Salt Lake City, UT, with three other office sites in Canada (Toronto and Montreal) and Milpitas, California. The Chief Financial Officer is primarily based in Salt Lake City, and travels frequently to meet with external partners and attend/present at conferences. The Chief Corporate Development Officer is remote-based, but travels to Salt Lake City frequently (multiple times per month). A successful candidate for this role should be well versed and experienced with booking and communicating travel arrangements (domestic and international), and have the ability to quickly pivot and adapt if travel plans change.
The company is in search of an ambitious professional with a strong background in providing assistance, a proven track record of contributing to a culture of excellence, and leadership experience in nurturing the growth of others.
Administrative Support – 65 %
- Create and maintain the daily workflow of the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Corporate Development Officer through proactive planning and execution of administrative support to ensure a seamless experience for leadership and their respective teams
- Partner with leadership and act as a project manager, sounding board, and trusted thought partner to the Executive you support
- Organize calendar management to both optimize for goal achievement and support CFO and CCDO in being the leaders they aspire to be
- Organize 1:1 meetings with CFO
- Coordinate commercial, domestic and international travel arrangements
- Help CFO optimize time by supporting any pre and post meeting activities as requested o Ensure CFO has necessary materials in advance of meetings
- Maintain and track expense reporting and reimbursements in partnership with accounting ● Ensure large onsite meetings have necessary IT support for A/V set-up
- Help with department wide events and activities
Team Lead – 35 %
- Support and supervise 3 Executive Assistants in collaboration with the Executive Assistant Manager as a team lead to ensure a high functioning and engaged team
- Conduct weekly 1:1 meetings with each EA crafting productivity goals, and the like
- Support team exercises to discover best practices
- Support monthly lunch and learn sessions with admin team
- Support and collaborate with EA Manager to consistently evaluate and execute admin strategy to benefit executive team workflow, in collaboration with executives
- Support building up the EA team and developing process and clear expectations
Desired background and attributes
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”
- You’ve managed a team, strongly desired
- You’ve had direct reports of 2 or more
- You’ve held administrative roles for over 5+ years
- You’ve worked at a global company
- Proficient with Google Suite + Slack
- Are currently using AI tools to be more effective with your work
- Professional demeanor with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter and forward thinker, committed to personal development
Is this the right fit for you?
The ideal employee would meet 9 out of the 12 attributes to be successful (and fulfilled) in this role: 1. You are bold and ambitious; often looking to see what is possible beyond the visible horizon
- You are not afraid to tackle a project that seems ‘impossible’ – you don’t shy away from the hard work needed to achieve goals
- You prioritize making an impact versus simply getting work done
- You’ve managed large projects with tight deadlines
- You use investigative skills when enhancing processes
- You’ve worked with a leadership team before and know the ins and outs of what’s needed for everyone to achieve success
- You have a servant-heart through and through
- You would self-assess as having strong leadership skills
- Relationships would describe you as a mentor
- You need a role that calls you to work hard each day
- You enjoy both the fine details and understanding the big picture
- Would self-describe as process driven and someone who digs in
To apply, please do not submit the form below; use the following link: https://jobs.crelate.com/portal/exceptionaladmins/job/auezpyew8ym1eqguk3c1g5hyxe
At Recursion, we believe that every employee should be compensated fairly. Based on the skill and level of experience required for this role, the estimated current annual base range for this role is:
- Developing: $113,000
- Skilled: $125,000
- Expert: $138,000
To learn more about our level within levels, click here.
You will also be eligible for bonuses and equity compensation + our comprehensive benefits package for United States based candidates. The range displayed on each job posting reflects target ranges for US new hire salaries and is determined by job, level, and market factors.
During the interview selection process, you will connect with a Talent Acquisition Partner who will be your advocate and ally to ensure you receive the appropriate compensation that meets your needs for your skills, experience, and relevant education/training, while also reviewing our very competitive total rewards package.
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Recursion is a clinical stage TechBio company leading the space by decoding biology to industrialize drug discovery. Enabling its mission is the Recursion OS, a platform built across diverse technologies that continuously expands one of the world’s largest proprietary biological and chemical datasets. Recursion leverages sophisticated machine-learning algorithms to distill from its dataset a collection of trillions of searchable relationships across biology and chemistry unconstrained by human bias. By commanding massive experimental scale — up to millions of wet lab experiments weekly — and massive computational scale — owning and operating one of the most powerful supercomputers in the world, Recursion is uniting technology, biology and chemistry to advance the future of medicine.
Recursion is headquartered in Salt Lake City, where it is a founding member of BioHive, the Utah life sciences industry collective. Recursion also has offices in Toronto, Montreal and the San Francisco Bay Area. Learn more at www.recursion.com, or connect on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.