Investor Relations Associate
RetiSpec is a Toronto-based startup at the intersection of neurotech and artificial intelligence, solving early detection of neurodegenerative diseases through a simple eye exam. Our mission is to enable widespread early and accurate detection of neurodegenerative disease markers with accessible, affordable, and scalable retinal imaging. RetiSpec is on an incredible trajectory, which is illustrated by many significant funding and recognition of our unique technology.
RetiSpec was recently featured in Global News, Toronto Star, Curious Cast Podcast, Mind Over Matter, and the Wall Street Journal. Check out some of the latest highlights at https://www.retispec.com/about-new
We are currently seeking an Investor Relations Associate to join our team. This role oversees our investor and stakeholder relations strategies. In this role, you will collaborate with the executive team to develop and execute stakeholder and investor relations strategies aligned with company goals. By joining the RetiSpec team, you will work on innovative projects which will directly advance medical research with the long-term aim of changing the lives of millions of people.
Your responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for stakeholder and investor inquiries, providing timely and accurate information.
- Develop and manage relationships with existing and potential investors, maintaining regular communication.
- Assist in the creation and distribution of investor materials, presentations, and reports.
- Provide insights into market trends, shareholder input, and industry activities that are relevant to the company.
- Ensure communications materials are compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and disseminate quarterly reports and other investor-related communications.
- Deliver consistent messages by researching and writing content for investor communications including fact sheets, event materials, presentations, social media and the website.
- Coordinate and manage investor meetings, roadshows, conferences, and other events.
- Prepare materials and presentations for investor meetings, ensuring accuracy and relevance.
Your knowledge and experience include:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in a startup, venture capital fund, or private equity firm, preferably in the healthcare or biotech industry.
- Proven track record in managing investor communications and relationships, preferably in the healthcare or biotech industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex concepts clearly and interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional organizational skills required to manage multifaceted responsibilities, demonstrating a high level of precision, attention to detail, and structured workflow to ensure efficient operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships, and foster a positive and collaborative work environment.
- High degree of professionalism, discretion, and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced startup environment.
Our ideal RetiSpec team member should also be:
- A great communicator - interact effectively in a team environment
- A fast learner and ready to join a fast-growing AI start-up in the medical field.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize activities or handle multiple projects in ambiguous or quick changing information and environments.
- A great problem-solver - you will be challenged!
- Self-motivated, organized, and capable of working independently and in a collaborative or team environment.
RetiSpec is committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free, and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require any accommodations during the application or interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.