Oncology Account Manager
Taylor Strategy Partners
Our customer is a pioneering biotechnology company whose leaders in R&D are creating not just an environment where great minds can interact but an innovation powerhouse answering the big questions.
They strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace, while seeking talented individuals to work with us across the many functions that will allow us to deliver new medicines to transform the lives of patients. They aim to create an environment where individual contributions and initiatives can be maximized, while fostering a culture of collaboration, based on respect and integrity. They want each individual employee to own their career, as part of high-performing teams, and in the context of on-the-job and formal continuous development and training, as well as constructive feedback. They always strive to identify ways to improve what they do and how they do it, by asking questions, voicing opinions, exploring various approaches and staying connected with healthcare professionals, patients, academia and other key partners.
The Oncology Sales Representative will:
- Drive sales performance and develop key relationships with target physicians, non-physician healthcare professionals (HCPs), and other key stakeholders (including hospitals and cancer treatment centers) within an assigned geography
- Present clinically focused messages that grow revenue and consistently deliver product goals related to the approved product indication
- Be responsible for local market analysis/business planning including account profiling and influencer mapping to ensure clear pathways to care exist in local markets
- Drive sales results by identifying key opportunities and developing strategic business plans to generate product utilization and grow territory business
- Demonstrate deep marketplace, therapeutic, product and disease expertise and educate customers on company products consistent with all requirements for the promotion of drug products
- Proactively address customer needs, identify market dynamics and trends, develop local tactics that support brand and corporate objectives/strategies and ensure optimal success within their assigned territory
- Analyze data/information to create, implement territory business action plans (using approved sales tools) that enhance customer relationships and drive sales results
- Thoroughly understand account-level decisions that impact product access within territory and develop plans on to best address to ensure patient access to care (such as product placement on formulary and inclusion into Electronic Medical Records (EMRs)
- Demonstrate market knowledge and leadership with both internal stakeholders (including cross functional teams such as Market Access, Field Reimbursement, Operations, Marketing, Trade and Sales teams) and external stakeholders (Centers of Excellence (COE) decision makers, Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), etc.)
- Plan, organize, and execute local promotional speaker programs and activities
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years’ demonstrated experience and proven sales success in biotech/ pharmaceutical industry
- 5+ years’ demonstrated account/territory management experience
- Successful experience in product launches and execution of launch strategies/tactical plans
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical and scientific product-related information
- Proven success and positive track record of consistent sales performance in complex markets with diverse customer segments, operating with a high degree of integrity within compliance guidelines
- The ability to travel at least 75% to engage with customers face-to-face
- Must live in close proximity to a major airport
- Valid driver's license
- Must be able fly/drive to cover assigned geography
- Additional travel to meetings/trainings/programs, as necessary
- Relevant oncology or rare disease/orphan drug experience with HCP-administered product(s)
This position is eligible for standard company benefits, including medical, dental, vision, time off and 401k, as well as participating in our customer’s annual incentive plans. Incentive plans are contingent on achievement of personal and company performance. Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
TSP Talent Solutions and our customers are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled).