Key Account Manager - Miami FL
Taylor Strategy Partners
At Orphalan we identify, develop, and provide access to innovative treatments for patients with rare diseases to make
a positive and meaningful difference in their lives. We work together by listening to patients and putting them
first, enabling us to provide treatments and services that work for them.
We strive to develop rare disease treatments to improve the life of patients who can often feel neglected. We believe that patients across the world who are suffering with rare diseases should have access to innovative treatment that improves their care and positively impacts their lives and those of their loved ones.
We foster a culture of excellence, collaboration, equality, and diversity, offering a comprehensive benefits and lifestyle package. We are driven by our collaboration and commitment to make an impact on patients living with rare diseases. Our dynamic team of experts are quick in solving any challenge that may arise and work proactively to offer services and solutions for the patients who need them.
As part of our mission to develop and commercialize life changing therapeutics, Orphalan is building a Commercial team in the United States in preparation of the launch of FDA-approved Cuvrior™. This is an exciting opportunity to join and help build our United States team, as one of the first hires on this journey.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.orphalan.com
The Key Account Manager owns the relationships with physicians and pharmacy directors and leverages these relationships to generate increased demand and access for Orphalan products by targeting appropriate prescribers and influencers within their territory. They are responsible for positioning Orphalan as a company taking care of rare diseases and, so far, unmet medical needs.
Responsibilities and duties
- Achieve regional sales, growth and market share targets
- Develop, implement and update a territory business action plan (including analysis, identification of key customers, issues and opportunities, tactics/activities etc.)
- Provide relevant, thoughtful input to other commercial colleagues (e.g. sales leadership, regional account managers) in regard to strategic and tactical planning for territory, area, and region
- Participate in execution of national sales and marketing plans/strategy, both short and long term
- Building up a network within their territory and share knowledge with the national sales team
- Anticipate potential barriers to achievement of goals and propose responsible solutions for success
- Have long standing relationships with key customers and an in-depth knowledge of the disease state, key drivers, influencers and prescribing patterns in their territory
- Develop and nurture close relationship to target customers, take initiative and make recommendations for managing key medical experts
- Liaise and build relationships with key accounts and key opinion leaders as well as other physicians in relevant specialist groups in support of the German financial and operational goals
- Identification and acquisition of new clients
- Maintain excellent product and disease knowledge as well as communicational skills to maximize effectiveness and quality of the customer calls, including presentations to customer groups
- Proactively develop and implement programs to increase market share such as meetings, symposia, projects etc.
- Participation in national/regional meetings and medical conferences
- Effectively handle customer objections and exceed customer expectations with the value they bring to physicians
- Occasionally be called on to share their exemplary skills with others in the team in a training capacity
- Scientific background/degree combined with >8 years’ experience in pharmaceutical sales or a similar function
- Expertise in Orphan drugs. Specific experience with hepatology, neurology, metabolic and gastroenterology health care professionals is beneficial.
- Existing relationships with territory accounts is a strong plus
- Proven track record of success in competitive environment
- Product launch experience
- Willingness to travel as required
- Outstanding negotiation skills with a good sense for business and people
- Business savvy professional who can quickly identify and access present & future opportunities to drive the business
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Person of integrity who strives to be compliant with company policies & local legislation
- High energy, positive outlook person who has an entrepreneurial spirit, business sense, and the drive to succeed. Takes a proactive approach
- Ability to set priorities and is highly self-accountable
- Ability to build strong relationships with Key Accounts/Customers
- Excellent presentation skills supporting the ability to liaise with business partners and to present ideas and strategies to management and to drive discussions and mutual business relationships
- Working knowledge of computers (MS Office, Outlook) and the ability to create and deliver effective presentations
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)