Health Systems Specialist
Taylor Strategy Partners
Our client is passionate about finding solutions to unmet needs in medical Dermatology and are developing innovative therapies for common skin diseases. They had a recent FDA approval and have a robust pipeline in the Dermatology space. If you love having scientific dialogue and want an environment that uses your unique skills and abilities in a fast-paced, small-pharma environment, we’re the team for you.
The Health Systems Specialist (“HSS”) will be responsible for calling on targeted Health Systems as identified by the HSM and the VP of Sales to secure access and availability of Company products in both the clinical and faculty setting as required by the institution. The HSS will be focused on top Health Systems and will be responsible for managing the entire Health Systems enterprise. In addition to the inside hospital functions, the HSS will be responsible for managing select affiliated pediatric practices outside the hospital settings. The HSS will be responsible to secure formulary approval where required by Hospital, develop KOLs and key prescribers and work collaboratively with field sales and other cross functional partners as necessary.
The HSS is a regionally focused position that will cover several states and between 10-14 institutions.
The HSS may also be required to assist or perform other duties within the Company as directed, from time to time.
The HSS will be required to live within the assigned geography.
SUMMARY OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive results and excel in execution
- Lead and ensure a successful launch
- Conduct in person visits/meetings/and communications with HCPs and other healthcare customers.
- Execute national strategies- such as speaker development, speaker programs and other key tactics inside the institution
- Work with medical to establish KOL development
- Work cross functionally with the Business Reimbursement Team as needed to ensure good HCP experience
- Required to build and maintain highly professional relationships with key physicians and customers.
- Provide information to field-based teams that impact their affiliated field base physicians
- May be asked to call on accounts outside the institutional setting at times
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s Degree required, ideally in Business or Health Science related fields.
Substantial and relevant sales experience in the life sciences/biopharmaceutical space. Successful experience working within institutions and large group practices. Also demonstrated ability in working the entire stakeholder within these settings.
Dermatology experience preferred.
Of importance, is demonstrated successful experience in launching new brands in medical Dermatology. The ability to achieve sales results, development of KOL/customer relationships, experience and success in working across sales, market access and channel teams. High agility in working in a fast-paced start up environment and the ability to adapt to business challenges as they arise.
Key requirements will include:
- Achieve results
- Demonstrated successful development of launch execution in Medical Dermatology
- High competency in strategic planning and execution
- Proven experience developing key customers and segments of business
- Ability to understand clinical information, the medical legal process and develop effective campaigns that are compliant with all regulatory requirements
- Strong communication and influence skills, with the ability to inspire confidence and work successfully with internal and external stakeholders
* Experience working in buy and bill and or specialty pharmacy a big plus.
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time at a desk. Normal requirements for office operations with respect to lifting, standing and walking. The position will require travel, sometimes frequent, during routine responsibilities. Required to overnight travel up to 50% of time. This position requires in-person visits with HCPs and other healthcare customers.
An essential requirement of the Position is conducting in person visits, meetings, training and educational sessions, and other in person communications with assigned Health Systems. These Health Systems often require vendors to be credentialed; which includes up-to-date medical records and proof of vaccination, and in particular vaccination against COVID-19. Accordingly, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 is an essential requirement for this Position.
TSP Talent Solutions and our customers are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)